Take a course
ONLINE BUSINESS ENGLISH COURSE
How to Look Professional & Fluent by Using Polite & Diplomatic English
Master Polite & Diplomatic English
3 step-by-step videos lessons
Email analysis + worksheet
Interactive speaking practice
x2 Email writing tasks
Personal feedback from teacher
Language reference guide
Do you see yourself here?
“People accuse me of being aggressive and that isn’t my intention! I think I am being direct, but it looks like I need to learn more diplomatic English.“
“Everyday I write emails in English, and even though my English is a good level, it is not my first language. I often ask myself if I am using the right tone of voice…“
“I want people to understand me and answer my email but I also want to be professional and build relationships … I’m not confident that I make the best impression when I work in English.”
Upgrade the way you communicate in English & learn how to make your emails and your speaking diplomatic, professional & polite … all this in one afternoon!
- LEVEL: Upper Intermediate & Advanced (B2+C1)
- PRIMARY SKILLS: Business English: Writing, Speaking
- ESTIMATED TIME OF COMPLETION: 40-60mins
Choosing the right tone and expressions when you email and when you speak in English is not always easy, especially when it effects the way you do your job.
How to Look Professional & Fluent by Using Polite & Diplomatic English has been designed especially to tackle these problems.
Once you have watched the training videos, you will practise what you have learned with quizzes, an interactive speaking quiz and a final assignment. You will have two writing tasks to complete which will be marked by our teachers and sent back to you with feedback.
What you will learn on this course:
- when it is appropriate to use polite, diplomatic and softer language and how it can help you in your work
- how to use a softer tone which sounds professional, polite and understanding
- how to sound more positive when you deliver a negative message
- how to create a good impression and encourage action to be taken
- specific language, words and expressions to use
What you will achieve:
By the end of this course you’ll be:
- more confident and professional when you write and speak
- able to sound more positive when you deliver a negative message
- able to present yourself as more approachable
- able to build a better impression of yourself with your international colleagues
Results are everything
What our students say
“I would like to thank you for your class. I try to apply all the techniques and tricks I learnt and I noticed that I feel more confident when I am writing professional emails.
Already resolved an enormous issue at work and got an appreciation email from my boss! All because of your class. Thank you! — Aliki
“With Kerin’s help I’ve made lots of progress in English and even got a job in New York. She’s helped me prepare for the interview and gave me the confidence to follow my big dream! Thank you Kerin!” — Arianna Ermini
“Highly recommended to those who want to learn and progress in this language in a fun and stimulating way. The lessons are always accurate, professional and never boring.
Kerin, my mother tongue teacher, is always attentive and willing to accept our proposals on language issues to deepen and to meet our learning needs.” — Chiara Migliorini
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is for you if:
- You want to improve your email writing skills: in particular, your tone and getting better results
- You want to upgrade your spoken English so that you have better success when dealing with international colleagues and clients
- You are a busy professional and you don’t have much time available to study.
- You want immediate solutions to the English problems you face and practical language to use.
- You want to improve your overall English and be able to show confidence and professionalism when you work in an international context.
- This course is designed for upper intermediate and advanced levels: B2 and C1.
- Intermediate levels B1 can also take the course. However, it may be more difficult for you because some of the language we look at is not usually taught at this level. It may also take B1 level students longer to complete the course.
- If you are not sure if the level is right for you, we recommend you contact us for a consultation.
This course is for people who want a quick result and who want personalised feedback from a qualified English teacher.
In this course you have two writing tasks to complete to put into practice all that you have learned.
Your writing will be corrected and sent back to you with feedback and advice.
You will also get access to an interactive speaking activity, the transcript of the full course. and a printable language guide to print out and keep near you for quick reference when you are at work.
If you want a successful career in an international context, then absolutely!
English is the language of business and communication worldwide. If you don’t know it well, you won’t be able to effectively communicate with many other people.
Here are some specific examples:
- Improve negotiation
- Get more things done
- Improve relationships with business partners
- Show a willingness to go beyond basic business standards
- Enhance your career and grow your business
What can you achieve?
Expanding your business vocabulary will mean that you are able to understand written and spoken English better, even the subtle meanings.
Communicating fluently and using the right expressions will create a professional image of yourself. This will inspire more good will in other people who will be happier to work with you and more willing to achieve results together.
In short, your ability to communicate in correct professional English will enhance your overall international standing and your professional reputation.
- You need a computer, or tablet or mobile phone
- Internet connection
- Google Chrome to do our quizzes
- You will need access to a microphone for the interactive speaking task
Nope! This course is video and audio based. There are some quizzes to do and if you do get stuck, all you have to do is email us.
We have a No Refund, No Return Policy on this course. If you are not sure if this course is for you, please contact us for a consultation.